Ryzen issues on FreeBSD ? (with sort of workaround)

Nimrod Levy nimrodl at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 17:39:24 UTC 2018

Just to throw another datapoint out there, I've been running on my Asus
prime b350+ ryzen 5 and I've been stable since the microcode updates over
the summer. I believe I returned all the bios settings (cstates, memory
timing, etc..) back to stock. I've had to shutdown and relocate (and
reconfigure some networks bits) since then. I've also shifted to RELENG
11.2 from the STABLE code that I'd been running. It's been very stable for
me with a current uptime of 60 days and before that, it was rebooted for an
update. So whatever was going on seems to be fixed for me.