Fujitsu Lifebook E751 (iGPU: HM65): distorted console with UEFI boot

O. Hartmann ohartmann at walstatt.org
Mon Dec 3 09:45:11 UTC 2018

Am Mon, 3 Dec 2018 09:26:14 +0100
"O. Hartmann" <ohartmann at walstatt.org> schrieb:

> Am Fri, 30 Nov 2018 23:14:07 +0900
> Tomoaki AOKI <junchoon at dec.sakura.ne.jp> schrieb:
>
> > On Wed, 28 Nov 2018 19:39:21 +0100
> > "O. Hartmann" <ohartmann at walstatt.org> wrote:

> > > Sorry, I have no upload place to put some screenshots.
> > >
> > > The natural resolution of the display is 1280x800 pixel.
> > >
> > > When existing to the loader and issuing as recommended the command "gop list", I get
> > > three modes:
> > >
> > > mode 0: 1024x768x32, stride=1024
> > > mode 1: 640x480x32, stride=640
> > > mode 2: 800x600x32, stride=800
> > >
> > > Setting mode 1 and 2 via gop set X solves the problem and the screen is, at least
> > > during a live session of the latest 12-PRE USB image, readable and looking normal.
> > >
> > > As soon as I have an installation media, I'll check whether the screen is operable
> > > after installation (and, of course, loader settings as required), or not.
> >
> > Hi.
> >
> > So you can try
> >     efi_max_resolution="800x600"
> > or
> >     efi_max_resolution="640x480"
> > in /etc/loader.conf.
> >
> > See /etc/defaults/loader.conf for more info.
> > The loader.conf man page doesn't show what's the default value.
> [...]
>
> Thank you very much.
>
> Setting those values in loader.conf (800x600, 1024x768 fails and leaves me with a
> distorted screen) make the console work again also for a installed FreeBSD 12+ (UEFI
> boot).
>
> The "distortion" can be described as follows (maybe a hint): the screen seems "chunked",
> means  there are ideas of rows and columns, and the square the intersections define,
> have horizontal and vertical lines, like a "line coursor". This may help identifying the
> problem.
>
> Kind regards and thank you very much,
>
> O. Hartmann

I have to correct my description:

I seems as the lines the characters are comprised from are some kind of lateral
shifted/distoretd (no vertical lines/streaks!). Looks like an offset.

- --
O. Hartmann

Ich widerspreche der Nutzung oder $(D*d(Bbermittlung meiner Daten f$(D+d(Br
Werbezwecke oder f$(D+d(Br die Markt- oder Meinungsforschung ($B!x(B 28 Abs. 4 BDSG).