Ryzen issues on FreeBSD ? (with sort of workaround)

Pete French petefrench at ingresso.co.uk
Tue Apr 24 14:01:40 UTC 2018

On 24/04/2018 14:56, Mike Tancsa wrote:
> I was doing the tests with bhyve, and the iperf tests were between VMs
> on the same box.  That seems to trigger it fairly quickly. The Epyc took
> a bit more work, but I could reliable do it there too.

Well, I ranh the iperf tests between real machine for 24 hours and that
worked fine. I also then spun up a Virtualbox with Win10 in it, and ran
iuperf to there at the same time as doing it betwene real machines, and
also did a full virus scan to exercise the disc. the idea being to
replicate Mondays lockup.

But its all fine - the only differece being that I have disabled SMT
again. Do you get lockup-s with SMT disabled ?

I dint have any experince with bhyve and dont have the tiime to start
learning right now, hence me testing with VB, which I already have pa nd
running. I can repeat with SMt on again to veiry that it does then lock up.

All very odd though - am pleased its stable, but dissapinted at the
amout of stuff I have had to turn off to get it to that state.

-pete.