devd out of swap space ? (zfs arc related ?)

Mike Tancsa mike at sentex.net
Mon Apr 9 19:27:47 UTC 2018

On one of my internal nfs test boxes, I have noticed that kernels from
March 28th and April 6th r332100 ended up with devd running out of swap
space and being killed at some point.

First time I thought perhaps a fluke due to some stress testing I was
doing.  But I left the box running over the weekend and Sat AM it died
at 3:51am (perhaps when periodic runs?)

I have lots of free memory, however, ARC is chewing up 27G of the 32G.

CPU:  0.0% user,  0.0% nice,  0.0% system,  0.0% interrupt,  100% idle
Mem: 800K Active, 15M Inact, 9964K Laundry, 30G Wired, 516M Free
ARC: 28G Total, 4996M MFU, 23G MRU, 5440K Anon, 78M Header, 593M Other
     27G Compressed, 28G Uncompressed, 1.04:1 Ratio
Swap: 20G Total, 21M Used, 20G Free

Anyone else seen anything like this on a recent RELENG11 STABLE ?

	---Mike

--
Mike Tancsa, tel +1 519 651 3400 x203
Sentex Communications, mike at sentex.net