Bridged networking regression in 11.0?

Jason Tubnor jason at tubnor.net
Wed Aug 30 23:10:25 UTC 2017

On 30 August 2017 at 20:49, Patrick M. Hausen <hausen at punkt.de> wrote:

> The only real change relates to IF teardown and we did not change anything
> (stop/restart jails) when the outages occured.
>
> So ... the network interface driver? Probably?

We are using igb(4) with vlan(4), tap(4) bundled into bridge(4).  The taps
are entries to bhyve guests.  These were built initially on FreeBSD 11.0
and have been recently uplifted to FreeBSD 11.1.  We have never had any
issues with these bridges, even under heavy load.

We do want to netmap/vale but not until it is maintainable via
freebsd-update (built into generic).

So based on what you have said, a bit more of a breakdown to determine the
culprit that is within the bridge might be needed, especially with VIMAGE
(though our FreeNAS jails use VIMAGE and bridges without breakage also).

Cheers,

Jason.