FreeBSD 11.1-R network slowness on Samba and Windows VM on VirtualBox

Nenhum_de_Nos matheus at eternamente.info
Tue Aug 1 02:52:46 UTC 2017

On Sun, July 30, 2017 02:08, Nenhum_de_Nos wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was running 10.3-p7 on Atom hardware and using old samba36-3.6.25_1. All
> was fine.
>
> Then I updated to 11.1-R by recompiling from svn, using the same
> kernelconfig from 10.3, and now my windows client shows timeouts and
> really slow connection. File copy never past kilobytes per second :(
>
> I am compiling a new samba packet from ports, but that slow is weird for
> me, and I could not find any other cases on web search.
>
> thanks,
>
> matheus

Hi guys,

I got this still going, where I installed a new Windows VM and same
problem. I reinstalled all ports and same problem. I use Windows shares
from another sources (not a VirtualBox VM) and all works fine.

Some help were said here https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/61813/, but
unfortunately I have no leads so far.

I will try to install some 10.3 box to try it out when I get some time and
a free machine.

If anyone has any clues.

thanks,

--