pax(1) needs to learn POSIX-pax format (by libarchive(3)?)

David Magda dmagda at ee.ryerson.ca
Fri Nov 4 11:06:40 UTC 2016

On Nov 4, 2016, at 04:54, Harry Schmalzbauer <freebsd at omnilan.de> wrote:

> Would be wonderful if someone could catch up pax(1)'s libarchive(3)
> transition, but I guess the libarchive developers aren't interested or
> have very much spare resources…

Have you asked them? Do they know it is a problem? Do they have a bug tracking system?

If people do not tell them about problems they cannot know about them. If not a lot of people complain about a bug, then they may think it is a low priority: the more people complain about it the higher up the TODO list it will go.