Bind-9.10

John Nielsen lists at jnielsen.net
Tue Mar 29 19:47:57 UTC 2016

> On Mar 29, 2016, at 12:57 PM, Peter Fraser <petros.fraser at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi All
> Honestly, I am not sure if this post belongs over in a Bind Mailing List
> but I will ask just the same to see if anyone has seen this problem. I
> upgraded from Bind 9.9x to bind910-9.10.3P4 on FreeBSD-9.3-RELEASE-p33.
> During the installation from ports, I checked RRL(Response Rate Limiting)
> After the installation I checked and resolves are still working. I
> restarted the service and no errors. My problem now is that when I use the
> option rate-limit { responses-per-second 10; }; and reload bind I get the
> error, unknown option rate-limit. Has anyone ever seen this error?

I haven't run in to that, but something to check is whether your installation of BIND was built with response rate limiting. The FreeBSD port has it enabled by default, but it is a selectable option.

Two quick ways to check:
% pkg info bind910|grep RRL
	RRL            : on

% named -V
built by make with [...] '--enable-rrl' [...]

HTH,

JN