Skylake Loader Performance 10.3-BETA3

Will Green will at sundivenetworks.com
Mon Mar 7 22:21:27 UTC 2016

On 2016-03-07 17:24, Steven Hartland wrote:
> On 07/03/2016 16:43, Will Green wrote:

>>> you want more details on the
>>> http://buildwithbsd.org/hw/skylake_xeon_server.html
>>> I've made the UEFI switch which worked fine, but I'm also happy to
>>> help out
>>> with testing if anyone looks at this.
>> Are you booting from ZFS?
>> Unless I’ve missed something this isn’t yet supported by the
>> installer, but it is possible to get working manually.
>>

> Pretty sure you missed something and those changes where merged, imp
> should be able to confirm.

You're right: that was an error on my part. I've now got ZFS boot
working with UEFI. :)

I booted the Skylake motherboard with
FreeBSD-10.3-RC1-amd64-uefi-memstick.img and it successfully installed
to ZFS *and* loaded at normal speed. Looks like UEFI is the way to go on
Skylake systems. All tests have gone well so far.

Thanks