ipfw dscp cs4

swhite at gov.za swhite at gov.za
Wed Feb 24 10:57:48 UTC 2016

Hi!

Not sure if this is the right place to enquire about this. If not please
direct me to the right place and accept my apologies.

I'm trying to shape traffic using ipfw/dummynet that has been marked
upstream with dscp cs4 and get this:

# ipfw add 10000 pipe 1 in dscp cs4 recv igb0
10000 pipe 1 ip from any to any in dscp be recv igb0
#

but this:

# ipfw add 10000 pipe 1 in dscp cs2 recv igb0
10000 pipe 1 ip from any to any in dscp cs2 recv igb0
#

...appears to be fine. Pretty much anything else works other than cs4
which gets interpreted as be (0x0).

Bug?

Regards,
- Sean.

--
"For a man to truly understand rejection, he must first be ignored
  by a cat."