SSHd in FreeBSD 10.3 complains about PrintLastLog

Miroslav Lachman 000.fbsd at quip.cz
Tue Apr 5 01:09:53 UTC 2016

Miroslav Lachman wrote on 04/05/2016 03:04:
> I had "PrintLastLog yes" in my sshd_config for many years but after
> upgrade to 10.3 I got this error message:
>
> /etc/ssh/sshd_config line 112: Unsupported option PrintLastLog
>
> It is confusing because "#PrintLastLog yes" is still included in default
> sshd_config file and mentioned in manpage.
>
> Is it error in default config or error in sshd? What should be fixed?

Now I found in /usr/src/crypto/openssh/servconf.c

#ifdef DISABLE_LASTLOG
         { "printlastlog", sUnsupported, SSHCFG_GLOBAL },
#else
         { "printlastlog", sPrintLastLog, SSHCFG_GLOBAL },
#endif

Does it means that new sshd in FreeBSD 10.3 was (un)intentionally
compiled with "DISABLE_LASTLOG" (--disable-lastlog)

Miroslav Lachman