GPU suggestion: gtx 750ti

Eugene Grosbein eugen at grosbein.net
Fri Sep 4 15:05:39 UTC 2015

04.09.2015 21:34, Dot Yet пишет:
> Hello,
>
> I currently run haswell based desktop and am planning to add a second gpu
> to get decent graphics functional. I am thinking about purchasing nvidia
> gtx 750ti. can anyone confirm if its supported by drivers and is capable of
> hardware acceleration? if not, what current day gpu should i look for? I am
> not a gamer, but I do like watching 1080p movies/trailers etc.
>
> Please let me know.

I have Intel HD4000 too and wanted something better but quiet and low-power
for my thin mini-BTX motherboard. I've got passive cooled Nvidia GT 730
that draws power from PCI-E slot only, no additional power from motherboard.
It works just fine with binary nvidia-driver with FreeBSD 10.2

Eugene Grosbein