trouble upgrade jails to 10.2 (make distrib-dirs)

Miroslav Lachman 000.fbsd at quip.cz
Sat Nov 14 13:14:48 UTC 2015

Aristedes Maniatis wrote on 11/14/2015 11:08:
> I am getting a failure running mergemaster as per the FreeBSD handbook. I'm a bit lost as to what the error is telling me to do.

What was the method used to upgrade host system and jail? Did you used
freebsd-update or make installworld?

> # mergemaster -U -D /jails/anu_6002
>
> realpath: /usr/src: No such file or directory

This means you don't have /usr/src so the mergemaster cannot make files
in /var/tmp/temproot because these files are created from /usr/src

So make sure you have mounted /usr/src/ with source files for current
version of the system (the version you need to update to) and then try this

cd /usr/src
mergemaster -F -v -i -P -U -t /var/tmp/mergemaster/anu_6002 -d -D
/jails/anu_6002

Miroslav Lachman