trouble upgrade jails to 10.2 (make distrib-dirs)

Aristedes Maniatis ari at ish.com.au
Sat Nov 14 10:30:07 UTC 2015

I am getting a failure running mergemaster as per the FreeBSD handbook. I'm a bit lost as to what the error is telling me to do.

Thanks for any help
Ari

# mergemaster -U -D /jails/anu_6002

realpath: /usr/src: No such file or directory
*** The directory specified for the temporary root environment,
    /var/tmp/temproot, exists.  This can be a security risk if untrusted
    users have access to the system.

  Use 'd' to delete the old /var/tmp/temproot and continue
  Use 't' to select a new temporary root directory
  Use 'e' to exit mergemaster

  Default is to use /var/tmp/temproot as is

How should I deal with this? [Use the existing /var/tmp/temproot] d

   *** Deleting the old /var/tmp/temproot

*** Creating the temporary root environment in /var/tmp/temproot
 *** /var/tmp/temproot ready for use
 *** Creating and populating directory structure in /var/tmp/temproot

make: don't know how to make distrib-dirs. Stop
make: don't know how to make distrib-dirs. Stop

  *** FATAL ERROR: Cannot 'cd' to  and install files to
      the temproot environment

--
Aristedes Maniatis