ZFS out of swap space

Robert Blayzor rblayzor.bulk at inoc.net
Wed Mar 25 15:35:10 UTC 2015

On Mar 25, 2015, at 11:08 AM, armonia <armonia at inbox.ru> wrote:
> -- Hello. Please help . I mirror ZFS 9.3 , after an active it by using mysql read \ write from an external script something broken. The operating system is not loaded at the time of "Mount local filesystems"
>
> pool consists of a mirror (raid 1 ) + hot swap, zfs partitions on a separate .
>
> zpool import -f -R /tmp zroot freezes

Where is your swap partition?

My guess is you are hitting swap because you need to tune vfs.zfs.arc_max to allow room for the OS and any running applications. If you do not set arc_max then ZFS will basically consume all RAM save for about 1GB for the OS and any apps.

Maybe something like the following to /boot/loader.conf may help... (or not)

vfs.zfs.arc_max="2G"

--
Robert
inoc.net!rblayzor