On-going laptop brightness issues

Kevin Oberman rkoberman at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 19:36:32 UTC 2015

I have just submitted a PR to MFC the code that will fix brightness
adjustmant on may laptops with modern Intel GPUs. It has been tested by at
least two people and I have been using it for at least three months with no
negative issues.

Th author has posted that he lacks the time to MFC but that "someone else"
will have to do it.

Could some committer please take a look at this one? The patch touches
three files, two just to add entry points for the code. The functional code
is all to /sys/dev/drm2/i915/intel_opregion.c. Other than some offsets, it
applies cleanly to stable. At very least, it will fix an annoyance for some
people and eliminate some messages to several mail lists (stable,
questions, x1l, mobile and acpi).

The patch can be found it 198551, just submitted.
--
Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer, Retired
E-mail: rkoberman at gmail.com