Is there a linux_base available for RELENG_9?

Pete French petefrench at ingresso.co.uk
Tue Mar 10 11:29:21 UTC 2015

> Indeed. Having read UPDATING prior to the attempted upgrade, I
> followed the advise to add 'compat.linux.osrelease=2.6.18'
> to sysctl.conf(5). And rebooted.

If you rebooted then it should have been set - and you should
not have needed to do it manually.

> But what turned out to be the *actual* solution, was to use
> sysctl(8). Applying it directly fixed it. :-)

This should not have been necessary if you rebooted. I think
you should try and find out what went wrong, as otherwise this
will not work when you reboot next time and you will have to set it
by hand on each reboot.

It sounds like you did all the right things - nt sure why it didnt
work for you.

Have you rebooted since ? What is the value after rebooting now ?

-pete.