Adaptec 7805H drivers

Phil Murray pmurray at nevada.net.nz
Sun Apr 19 22:03:24 UTC 2015

Hi,

I have a few Adaptec 7805H HBA cards which FreeBSD doesn’t support natively. However Adaptec have provided binary drivers for FreeBSD 9.2 (9.3 and 10.x support sadly absent).

The problem I have is with the GENERIC kernel the compiled in ahd driver tries to attach to the controller and fails. This prevents the pmspcv (Adaptec binary) driver from working.

I’d like to keep using GENERIC for freebsd-update etc., so is there a way I can stop the ahd driver from trying to attach without rebuilding the kernel? Perhaps change their priority or precedence somehow?

Is porting the open source Linux driver to FreeBSD a possibility?

Cheers

Phil