Anyone else seeing lockup on boot with r271042?

Warren Block wblock at wonkity.com
Thu Sep 4 12:52:32 UTC 2014

On Thu, 4 Sep 2014, Jean-Sébastien Pédron wrote:

> On 04.09.2014 00:23, Warren Block wrote:
>> The lockup with devd starts with r271022.  It can't always be started
>> after startup, feels like a race.
>
> I can't reproduce the problem with -CURRENT and we never received such
> report. Could you please try a recent stable/10, in case you updated
> your working copy in the middle of the MFCs?

With r271092, the lockup is still present and consistent.  If I use
devd_enable="NO" in /etc/rc.conf, "service devd onestart" still locks up
in the console.  It works from a terminal window after X has been
started (at least most of the time).

This kernel only has vt, no sc.

In /boot/loader.conf:

hw.vga.textmode=1