CFT: Update to xf86-video-ati 7.5.0

Jean-Sébastien Pédron dumbbell at FreeBSD.org
Fri Oct 31 15:25:31 UTC 2014

On 31.10.2014 15:56, Miguel Clara wrote:
> About the  "but none have a usable configuration" does this  mean I can
> have a xorg.conf that would work with the ati card, or does it simple mean
> we are one step closer?

Currently, no update to xorg-server or xf86-video-ati will make your
card work, because we lack the support in the kernel.

However, now you can keep both xf86-video-ati and xf86-video-intel
installed and the server won't crash :) And one day in the future, the
Radeon card will come to life, though definitely not for today's
Halloween :)

With power consumption in mind, I would probably don't install
xf86-video-ati at all for now, so radeonkms isn't loaded.

--
Jean-Sébastien Pédron