CFT: Update to xf86-video-ati 7.5.0

Jean-Sébastien Pédron dumbbell at FreeBSD.org
Thu Oct 30 08:17:50 UTC 2014

On 30.10.2014 00:14, Miguel Clara wrote:
>> However, I see no change in the output connectors handling code in
>> xf86-video-ati between 7.2.0 and 7.5.0. Therefore, I wonder why it works
>> for you with 7.2.0. Could you please post Xorg.0.log with xf86-video-ati
>> 7.2.0 installed?
>
> It doens't work for the ati one... as I've reported in the mailing list
> I've posted, but you say the connector behaviour changed in xorg-server
> 1.15, so maybe I should install that version and test!?

I understand that you can't use the Radeon card, but if xf86-video-ati
7.2.0 is installed, does the X server start correctly (instead of
crashing, like with 7.5.0)? I suppose it does. In this case, could you
please post Xorg.0.log with 7.2.0 installed?

You don't need to update to xorg-server 1.15.

--
Jean-Sébastien Pédron