CFT: Update to xf86-video-ati 7.5.0

Jean-Sébastien Pédron dumbbell at FreeBSD.org
Wed Oct 29 11:41:56 UTC 2014

On 28.10.2014 19:40, Miguel Clara wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 6:33 PM, Jean-Sébastien Pédron <dumbbell at freebsd.org
>> wrote:
>
>> On 28.10.2014 19:18, Miguel Clara wrote:
>>> I should had that after rebooting the laptop, when it starts, with
>>> should start "slim" and all I see is a mouse in the middle and a "prompt
>>> square" (not sure what to call it :P ) in the top left...
>>
>> The prompt square (I call it "text cursor" :) and the mouse are from
>> vt(4), so it means the X server didn't acquire the display yet. When
>> running Xorg alone, you should see nothing on the screen.
>>
>> In the dmesg and Xorg.log you posted previously, the card appears to
>> have no CRTC or output connector:
>> dmesg: No connectors reported connected with modes
>>
>> Does your computer have another video card, ie. an integrated one? Can
>> you give more information about your hardware?
>
> Yes, it does, and Intel card.

Ok, thanks to the code dump you provided, I found that xorg-server 1.12
expects to have output connectors. This was changed in xorg-server 1.15
to support connector-less cards:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver/commit/?id=d1440783a7367ff0d0c47d256bbca3b3cf8a5034

However, I see no change in the output connectors handling code in
xf86-video-ati between 7.2.0 and 7.5.0. Therefore, I wonder why it works
for you with 7.2.0. Could you please post Xorg.0.log with xf86-video-ati
7.2.0 installed?

--
Jean-Sébastien Pédron