Issues with file backed swap in recent 10-stable.

Jacob Frelinger jolly at thecoffinclub.com
Mon Oct 27 17:30:32 UTC 2014

I've been running with a file backed md swap on 10-stable, and after a
recent update (updated to revision 273709) swap is no longer
automatically added at boot time.  The md device is created, but
swapinfo shows it has not been added as a swap device.  If I remove the
device (via mdconfig -d) I can run /etc/rc.d/swap and the device is
properly recreated and added as a swap device.  I don't think anything
has changed in my setup, and I have no error messages in dmesg/boot log
explaining why it doesn't work.  Anyone else have similar problem or
advice on troubleshooting?

relevant line in my fstab is below:
md99	none	swap	sw,file=/usr/swap/swap	0	0

--
Jacob Frelinger
jolly at thecoffinclub.com