Removal of legacy X.Org (aka non-WITH_NEW_XORG)

Zenny garbytrash at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 06:25:19 UTC 2014

Even with new xorg, two things didn't work with my Radeon 3 head cards:

1. console switching did not work
2. hdmi audio did not work.

Tried also with PCBSD, the same results. I gave up and installed linux
in the same machine, both worked fine in addition to:

1. booting time is very fast
2. thermal management is better (usually the cpu temps are 31-40 in
linux default installation whereas the temp remains in the range of up
to 49-63 with all the tweaks performed.)
3. Power consumption is lower in linux than freebsd (76watts compared
to 126watts till the xorg started)

These are some of the stuffs that needs to be addressed despite
freebsd being overwhelmingly stable.