FreeBSD 10.1-RC1 Now Available --- lagg disables network inside jails

Erich Dollansky erichsfreebsdlist at alogt.com
Sun Oct 5 12:34:16 UTC 2014

Hi,

On Sat, 4 Oct 2014 21:32:47 -0400
Glen Barber <gjb at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> The first RC build of the 10.1-RELEASE release cycle is now available

I installed this shortly after your e-mail came. The result was the
same as with BETA3. If you remember, I have had the problem that the
network inside jails stopped working after I installed BETA3. The
upgrade to RC1 did not change anything.

I took now the time to investigate a bit. The result is simple. All
works as expected until lagg becomes enabled.

If I remember right, BETA1 was my last working version.

I have an em and an iwn interface in the machine. I can use both of them
without any problems.

As I can reproduce this problem 100%, it might be a good idea if I help
you to find the source of the problem. My problem would be: how.

If somebody could tell me where to start looking for the error, we
might find it soon.

Erich