no network connection from inside a jail

Erich Dollansky erichsfreebsdlist at alogt.com
Thu Oct 2 23:07:25 UTC 2014

Hi,

On Thu, 02 Oct 2014 09:35:20 -0600
James Gritton <jamie at gritton.org> wrote:

> On 10/2/2014 4:05 AM, Erich Dollansky wrote:
> >
> > I recently upgraded to 10.1 BETA3 via sources. All seemed to be fine
> > until I started jails which connect to the Internet. It simply does
> > not work anymore. When the browser from the jail connects to
> > another jail on the same machine via HTTP, it all works. Accesses
> > to the ouside of the machine fails.
> >

> Having looked at an svn diff between BETA1 and BETA3, I'm at a loss.
> The only change involving jails was a few lines that tested a
> condition for a locking issue in the kernel (r271622).  I also looked
> for any changes to lagg, on a hunch the problem might be there, but
> found nothing changed there either.

oh thanks. It all is really weird. The last thing I did was building an
image for a Raspberry. I have not the slidest imagination how this
could affect the machine so that all other things still work but not
the network inside a jail. Of course, installing an ARM binary will
ruin the machine as such but not just one little function.

Erich