SuperMicro IPMI/SOL and ipmitool troubles

Dmitry Morozovsky marck at rinet.ru
Wed Nov 12 00:08:39 UTC 2014

On Tue, 11 Nov 2014, Dmitry Morozovsky wrote:

> > Still fighting microcloud blades...
>
> for X10SLD-F/HF (Intel 1150-based Microcloud), the same settings work (com3
> despite MB has no com2) but also loader_color="NO" is needed;  otherwise,
> loader resets to black-on-black before invoking the kernel.
>
> Thanks a lot again!

FWIW: I have couple of servers targetting both to HAST and to local rack
console concentrators, each containing 3*MOXA serial 8-port card in them.

There, com3 (at expected 0x3ef port) is detected as uart26 (or ttyuq in terms
of /etc/tty).  Moreover, if one of the MOXAs dies, it would change its
name/number.

It there any way to pre-reserve first 4 (not 2) ports in the kernel?

--
Sincerely,
[ FreeBSD committer:                                 marck at FreeBSD.org ]