Sendmail Version

Lucius Rizzo Lucius.Rizzo at The.ie
Fri May 9 03:03:16 UTC 2014

Hi folks,

I am currently running sendmail 8.14.8 on FreeBSD 10. Its working properly and
I do not really have any problems per se. However there is something that is
puzzling me. This machine was cleanly installed with sendmail 8.14.8 but for
some reason I get mismatched versions reported by sendmail. Here is an example:

220 The.ie ESMTP Sendmail 8.14.8/8.14.7; Thu, 8 May 2014 19:46:51 -0700 (PDT)

I thought it was the configs but I remade sendmail.cf and submit.cf on a 8.14.8
install. My mailer.conf seems correct as well. What is causing this? And what
exactly is the difference between the first and second versions? And finally,
how do I fix it :)

Thanks.

--