freebsd-update(8) and /usr/src/UPDATING

Benjamin Lutz mail at maxlor.com
Wed Jun 25 08:52:23 UTC 2014

Hello,

I notice that freebsd-update does not update /usr/src/UPDATING, even
though I have the src Component enabled in its configuration. Is there
a way to make freebsd-update keep that file in sync with the updates
it effects in /usr/src?

If there isn't, I'd like to ask for that file being added to
freebsd-update's src component. The file becomes useless if it's not
in sync with the source tree it describes. As can be seen here:
http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/releng/10.0/UPDATING?revision=267829
it is being updated for the releng branches after all.

Cheers,
Benjamin