Unusable Emulex "oce" driver version in -STABLE, 9.3 and CURRENT

Borja Marcos borjam at sarenet.es
Wed Jun 18 14:13:02 UTC 2014

On Jun 18, 2014, at 2:20 PM, Borja Marcos wrote:

> Just a follow-up.
>
> I ran the tests on 9.3-BETA3. It doesn't panic, but the interface freezes and it's unable to transmit packets. So, it's still unusable.
>
> Now I'm installing the new driver and trying again. Will take time, I have installed the system to a pendrive.

Tried with the new driver on 9.3-BETA3.

http://www.emulex.com/downloads/emulex/drivers/freebsd/freebsd-91-amd64/drivers/

It doesn't compile cleanly but commenting out an ifdef/endif made it compile.

It works, at least with 2 minutes of traffic I didn't see it freeze or hang.  I can load and unload the extension, no problems.

I've updated the bug report. I am posting this just in case someone is not following freebsd-net.

Borja.