[FreeBSD-Announce] FreeBSD Errata Notice FreeBSD-EN-14:03.pkg

Baptiste Daroussin bapt at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jun 16 11:59:34 UTC 2014

On Sun, Jun 15, 2014 at 07:12:21AM -0500, Dave Duchscher wrote:
> I have had a few surprises with FreeBSD over the years and with the new ports system has provided quite a few of them but this update takes the cake.  We have our own package repository with custom options.  We liked and adopted pkgng early.  We also have a lot of automation. With this update, all of a sudden, we have a new repository configured on our system (/etc/FreeBSD.conf).  Lets say, I was very surprised.  It is true that mistakes happen. Maybe its ours for not fully understand what was being done. In any event, this definitely caused lots of issues for us and has wasted a lot of my time.
>
> Dave

I'm really sorry to hear that, how could we have improved our communication to
reduce the inpact on users like the one you had? (what would you have expected?)

regards,
Bapt