Not to beat a dead horse, but ...

George Mitchell george+freebsd at m5p.com
Sun Jun 8 23:52:20 UTC 2014

On 06/08/14 19:22, John-Mark Gurney wrote:
> [...]  it turns out that the electricity
> savings in a year, paid for the entire cost of the new switch...  We
> were talking ~$250/year in savings, so, upgrading can end up saving
> you money...

Thanks for the advice on what hardware I should run.  But why should I
believe that upgrading to SMP and running with ULE will make my life
better?  In fact, when I tried ULE + a six-core system + dnetc + make
buildworld, etc., a couple of years ago (I do have one SMP system),
the results were just as appalling compared to 4BSD as with a single
processor.                                                -- George