SuperMicro SAS Expander compatibility question

Daniel Duerr dd at gizmocreative.com
Wed Jun 4 16:26:52 UTC 2014

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to build a new ZFS storage server on 9-STABLE.  The zpool will be running multiple raid2z vdevs.  To accommodate a larger number of disks, I'd like to use a SAS Expander.  I'm leaning towards the combination of the LSI SAS 9211-4i HBA (via mps) and the Supermicro 846E16 expander chassis (via ses).  Does anyone here have experience with this specific hardware combination?  Is it supported?  Is it stable?

Thanks!
Daniel