ZFS feature flags 9.2 -> 8.4?

Trond Endrestøl Trond.Endrestol at fagskolen.gjovik.no
Mon Jun 2 08:25:03 UTC 2014

On Mon, 2 Jun 2014 10:08+0200, Patrick M. Hausen wrote:

> Hi, all,
>
> can a zpool with these feature flags from RELENG_9_2 be accessed
> and booted (!) by a RELENG_8_4 system?
>
> FEAT DESCRIPTION
> async_destroy                         (read-only compatible)
>      Destroy filesystems asynchronously.
> empty_bpobj                           (read-only compatible)
>      Snapshots use less space.
> lz4_compress
>      LZ4 compression algorithm support.
>
> There is a chance I need to downgrade a production system.
> Not quite sure yet, but I wanted to check the possibilities ...
>
> Thanks a lot,
> Patrick

r248810 of
releng/8.4/cddl/contrib/opensolaris/cmd/zpool/zpool-features.7 claims
to support the features you have listed.

See
http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/releng/8.4/cddl/contrib/opensolaris/cmd/zpool/zpool-features.7?revision=248810&view=markup

--
| Vennlig hilsen,               | Best regards,                      |