8.x and virtio?

Rick Miller vmiller at hostileadmin.com
Thu Jul 24 14:34:44 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jul 24, 2014 at 10:18 AM, Robert Blayzor <rblayzor.bulk at inoc.net>
wrote:

> On Jul 24, 2014, at 7:46 AM, Rick Miller <vmiller at hostileadmin.com> wrote:
> >
> > Is there significant effort involved with merging the virtio code from a
> 9
> > or 10 branch into an 8 branch?  Special considerations?
>

> Unless you're hoping for an 8.5 release, which is unlikely, I'd expect not.
>
> The path of least resistance is to upgrade.

I don't expect the community to take this up.  I'm most interested in the
level of effort to do so internally if we were so inclined.  Would it be a
simple merge of the code from any 9 or 10 branch into a private, internal 8
branch or is it a more complicated process requiring a multitude of
considerations?

--
Take care
Rick Miller