Problems loading RV620 firmware

Jean-Sébastien Pédron jean-sebastien.pedron at dumbbell.fr
Fri Jul 18 14:24:46 UTC 2014

On 18.07.2014 16:01, Pete French wrote:
> I reinstalled like this:
>
> pkg install -r FreeBSD_new_xorg xf86-video-ati
>
> It did this:
>
>         Installing xf86-video-ati: 6.14.6_3 [FreeBSD_new_xorg]
>
> So it looks (to me_) as if the new_xorg repository I have configured
> doesnt have new_corg stuff in it!

I think we forgot to update the xf86-video-ati port after the Radeon
driver was merged to stable/9.

Can you try the following commands?
    cd /usr/ports/x11-drivers/xf86-video-ati
    make -V PORTVERSION

What is the output here? I expect 6.14.6.

Then, apply the attached patch, which will modify the Makefile, and
rerun the make(1) command above and note the output.

If it says 7.2.0, you can build and install the port.

--
Jean-Sébastien Pédron