Should 9.3 carry a warning about NEW_XORG

Ben Morrow ben at morrow.me.uk
Mon Jul 7 20:38:00 UTC 2014

Quoth Adrian Chadd <adrian at freebsd.org>:

> I kinda wished that the Xorg development wouldn't break older graphics
> rendering so hard, but alas, what drives that is the hardware
> innovation cycle and not the "holy shit you mean we need to use this
> for 10 years?" cycle.

I feel I should say at this point that ISTM you and the rest of the
FreeBSD/Xorg people have been making a heroic effort in the face of a
not-quite-actively-hostile upstream for a good while now, and the
resulting relative stability is greatly appreciated. (Of course, I've
just upgraded my home desktop to 10-S/radeonkms/vt/NEW_XORG with no
trouble, so... :) )

Ben