10.0 toolchain broken for C++11 code

Roger Leigh rleigh at codelibre.net
Sat Feb 8 23:33:00 UTC 2014

Hi folks,

I'm new to using FreeBSD.  I'm the author of the schroot(1) tool, and I've
been porting it to FreeBSD using the new 10.0-RELEASE on amd64 and powerpc.
The plan is to make it support jails and ZFS snapshots on FreeBSD systems.
However, I've hit a blocker in that after fixing a few Linux-isms I've
I've found that I can't actually link my code.

This is a minimal testcase:

% cat test.cpp
#include <typeinfo>

int main()
{
        const std::type_info& t = typeid(nullptr);
}

% CC -std=c++11 -o test test.cpp
/tmp/test-OoDHHT.o: In function `main':
test.cpp:(.text+0xd): undefined reference to `_ZTIDn'
CC: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

See also:
standards/185663
https://github.com/pathscale/libcxxrt/issues/16

Being unfamiliar with FreeBSD my question is really, what sort of timescale
is typical for fixing this type of issue?  At least for my code, the
toolchain is basically unusable until this is fixed, and I don't think
there's a workaround for it.  If it gets fixed in -STABLE, is it possible
to selectively cherry-pick this somehow, or would I need to switch to
-STABLE wholesale?  Is there an expected date for 10.1 to be released?

Thanks,
Roger

--
  .''`.  Roger Leigh