VirtualBox 4.3.6 keyboard repeats keystrokes

Bernhard Fröhlich decke at FreeBSD.org
Tue Feb 4 08:51:46 UTC 2014

On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 4:03 AM, Aryeh Friedman <aryeh.friedman at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 3, 2014 at 8:44 PM, Kevin Oberman <rkoberman at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Feb 3, 2014 at 12:38 PM, CeDeROM <cederom at tlen.pl> wrote:
>>
>> > Hello :-)
>> >
>> > I have noticed that quite often keystrokes are repeated in VBox 4.3.6
>> > OSE on FreeBSD-10.0 AMD64. For example when I press cursor left it
>> > repeats many times, letters also. The fast way to stop this is to
>> > switch to another application on my BSD box then switch back to VBox..
>> >
>> > Did anyone notice this behavior? What is the problem?
>> >
>> > Best regards :-)
>> > Tomek
>> >
>> > --
>> > CeDeROM, SQ7MHZ, http://www.tomek.cedro.info
>> >

>> I have this issue, but only when logged into the VM remotely via RDP. From
>> the local console this never happens. It is intermittent and never happens
>> when the session is first opened.
>>

> Do you notice this only in VBox or other hypervisiors like bhyve or qemu?
> (Some motherboards do not like virtualization even when the CPU allows it
> one easy way to test this is with petitecloud [you might even find it a
> good replacement for vbox])

Aryeh with all respect but could you please stop spamming all vbox related
threads with your commercials for petitecloud? It's seriously too much to tell
all people that have a problem with vbox to switch to a different product.

--
Bernhard Froehlich
http://www.bluelife.at/