freebsd-update 10.0 -> 10.1 segmentation fault (nsswitch.conf w mysql)

Scot Hetzel swhetzel at gmail.com
Sat Dec 6 19:31:50 UTC 2014

On Sat, Dec 6, 2014 at 4:35 AM, Thomas Krause
<freebsd-stable at chef-ingenieur.de> wrote:
> Hi,
> binary update from Freebsd 10.0 to 10.1 Release fails after
> 1st reboot with 10.1 kernel and running
>
> # freebsd-update install
> Segmentation fault
>
> I found, removing the mysql entry from /etc/nsswitch.conf helps.
> But running
>
> # freebsd-update install
>
> again, I get "Segmentation fault" again - the "old" nsswitch.conf
> with mysql entries were installed.
>
> How can I fix that (where come the old nsswitch.conf from - a
> find / doesn't help).

What port are you using to provide the MySQL support for nsswitch?

I checked the net/libnss-mysql port, and it doesn't touch nsswitch.conf.

Did you check your ${PREFIX}/etc/rc.d scripts to see if a script is
modifying /etc/nsswitch.conf?

--
DISCLAIMER:

No electrons were maimed while sending this message. Only slightly bruised.