Only one CPU core detected on Supermicro E3-1240 v3

Marián Černý majo-freebsd-stable at cerny.sk
Wed Sep 25 18:32:34 UTC 2013

Hello,

I am trying to install FreeBSD 9.2-RC4 on Supermicro server with Intel Xeon E3-1240 v3 processor. The processor has 4 cores with 8 threads. However only one core is detected (with two threads):

FreeBSD/SMP: Multiprocessor System Detected: 2 CPUs
FreeBSD/SMP: 1 package(s) x 1 core(s) x 2 SMT threads
cpu0 (BSP): APIC ID:  0
cpu1 (AP): APIC ID:  1

The motherboard is Supermicro X10SLM-F. All cores are enabled in BIOS and the latest firmware is installed (version 1.1a, Build Date 08/20/2013).

Output from dmesg is available here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/u7hp8mlq2wo3oi5/dmesg.txt

I have tried FreeBSD 9.1 as well and it behaves the same - only one core is detected.

What can I do so that all cores are properly detected?

Marian