kernel "mismatch" on r256420

Darrel levitch at iglou.com
Fri Nov 29 19:27:32 UTC 2013

>> I installed FreeBSD 10 from a BETA cd-rom.  I chose 'experimental ZFS on
>> root - mirror'.  The FreeBSD firewall will not load.  Any suggestions?
>>
>> This is from 'dmesg':
>>
>> KLD ipfw.ko: depends on kernel - not available or version mismatch
>> linker_load_file: Unsupported file type
>>
>> This is from 'ls -l' of /boot
>> drwxr-xr-x 2 root wheel 1.5K Nov 28 21:55 kernel/
>>
>> This is from 'ls -l' of /bootpool/boot
>> drwxr-xr-x 2 root wheel 1.5K Nov 28 21:55 kernel/>
>
> It *is* a mismatch!  The output of 'uname -i':
>
> GENERIC
>
> I should update again, but am almost certain that KERNCONF= was in my last
> update.

In the existing versions of my 'ZFS mirror root' there is no directory
called BOOTPOOL.  I suspect something is not in sync with UPGRADING and
the experimental sysinstall, or whatever it is currently called.

I did not use the installer menu to make the earlier versions of ZFS on
root.  I typed commands.

Anyhow, I ran svn and now 'make buildworld' is running- revision 258748

Darrel