Several ports won't build FreeBSD 10 beta 3 with new xorg

Seniae senua1972 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 10 13:11:46 UTC 2013

Zenny I don't know if it helps but I've had problems installing xorg as well,
so if you don't mind a little story ...

I was running FreeBSD 9.x all was happy and fine till all of a sudden after
a port upgrade my keyboard would not work anymore. It would work in console
but not in X nor gnome, gdm, xdm or whatever else I tried. So I went
searching the interwebs. Again nothing I found would work except for people
mention the HAL or without HAL issue and adding a line WITH_NEW_XORG=yes to
your make.conf file.

Again I tried all that even did a clean install of 9.x but again nothing
would work. I decided to update to 10.x. At that point it was still in
BETA2. I tried and reconfigured and tried again ... nothing, no absolutely
nothing would work. I wasn't the only one since I found quite some posts
about this on the interwebs again. Also my xorg wouldn't build anymore. It
would end with mysterious building errors I had no clue about. I decided to
let it rest for a while.

Untill I read something about "do you have the latest freebsd update". I
thought I had because I burnt the cd just a few days ago. So I checked and
found out they came out with BETA3 about 2 days earlier. Used my 10x beta 2
cd to reinstall Freebsd and updated it to beta 3. After building xorg it was
complaining about my screen. I found out there was a double line of screen
in my xorg.conf and removed the extra line. Since that moment it would all
work again.

So about my config files, no problem here you go:

/boot/loader.conf <--- empty

/etc/rc.conf:

hostname="md"
ifconfig_fxp0="DHCP"
ifconfig_fxp0_ipv6="inet6 accept_rtadv"
dumpdev="NO"

/etc/X11/xorg.conf:

Section "ServerLayout"
	Identifier     "X.org Configured"
	Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
	InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
EndSection

Section "Files"
	ModulePath   "/usr/local/lib/xorg/modules"
	FontPath     "/usr/local/lib/X11/fonts/misc/"
	FontPath     "/usr/local/lib/X11/fonts/TTF/"
	FontPath     "/usr/local/lib/X11/fonts/OTF/"
	FontPath     "/usr/local/lib/X11/fonts/Type1/"
	FontPath     "/usr/local/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi/"
	FontPath     "/usr/local/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi/"
EndSection

Section "Module"
	Load  "extmod"
	Load  "record"
	Load  "dbe"
	Load  "dri"
	Load  "dri2"
	Load  "glx"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier  "Keyboard0"
	Driver      "kbd"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier  "Mouse0"
	Driver      "mouse"
	Option	    "Protocol" "auto"
	Option	    "Device" "/dev/sysmouse"
	Option	    "ZAxisMapping" "4 5 6 7"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
	Identifier   "Monitor0"
	VendorName   "Monitor Vendor"
	ModelName    "Monitor Model"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
	Identifier   "Monitor1"
	VendorName   "Monitor Vendor"
	ModelName    "Monitor Model"
EndSection

Section "Device"
        ### Available Driver options are:-
        ### Values: /: integer, <f>: float, <bool>: "True"/"False",
        ### <percent>: "<f>%"
        ### [arg]: arg optional
        #Option     "SWcursor"           	# [<bool>]
        #Option     "HWcursor"           	# [<bool>]
        #Option     "NoAccel"            	# [<bool>]
        #Option     "ShadowFB"           	# [<bool>]
        #Option     "UseFBDev"           	# [<bool>]
        #Option     "Rotate"             	# [<str>]
        #Option     "VideoKey"           	# /
        #Option     "FlatPanel"          	# [<bool>]
        #Option     "FPDither"           	# [<bool>]
        #Option     "CrtcNumber"         	# /
        #Option     "FPScale"            	# [<bool>]
        #Option     "FPTweak"            	# /
        #Option     "DualHead"           	# [<bool>]
	Identifier  "Card0"
	Driver      "nv"
	BusID       "PCI:1:0:0"
EndSection

Section "Device"
        ### Available Driver options are:-
        ### Values: /: integer, <f>: float, <bool>: "True"/"False",
        ### <percent>: "<f>%"
        ### [arg]: arg optional
        #Option     "ShadowFB"           	# [<bool>]
        #Option     "DefaultRefresh"     	# [<bool>]
        #Option     "ModeSetClearScreen" 	# [<bool>]
	Identifier  "Card1"
	Driver      "vesa"
	BusID       "PCI:1:0:0"
EndSection