9.2-RELEASE amd64 panic: vn_open_cred

Matt Magoffin matt at msqr.us
Sat Nov 9 04:03:15 UTC 2013

On Nov 8, 2013, at 9:09 PM, Konstantin Belousov <kostikbel at gmail.com> wrote:

>> 	if (vop->vop_add_writecount != NULL)
>> 		rc = vop->vop_add_writecount(a);
> But, if I mis-counted and the line 4236 is that one ^^^^, than together
> with the panic message
> panic: vm_fault: fault on nofault entry, addr: ffffff836e0fc000
> which suggests that vop_add_writecount not NULL but garbage, I believe
> that your issue is stale module, compiled on 9.1 but used on 9.2.

The line you refer to here is line 4236. So, I shall have to attempt the upgrade again, and verify that all modules loaded were built under 9.2. I believe only pefs.ko is one I built myself, and all others came with the system... and freebsd-update would have updated those modules (in /etc/freebsd-update.conf I have "Components src world kernel".

When I have a time where I can attempt the update again, I will reply with my findings.

Thank you for your help,
Matt