pkgng: how to upgrade a single port?

Mike Jakubik mike.jakubik at intertainservices.com
Mon Nov 4 18:19:46 UTC 2013

On 11/03/13 17:24, George Kontostanos wrote:
> You can alway lock a package or the packages that you don't need to
> upgrade. See: "pkg help lock"

Thanks for the info but that would be very tedious to do. Is it just me
or is this a gross oversight of this new pkg system? Also the fact that
with a pkg you can not choose any options for the port, you have to
install with options that the port maintainer chose. As it stands now if
i do pkg upgrade it wants to pull in a bunch of stuff that i do not
want, also it wants to re-install just about everything because of a
"direct dependency changed", im not sure this is correct as it wanted to
re-install pkg itself just after I freshly installed it from ports.