problem building world on 9.1 stable after changing 100% to svn

Edwin L. Culp W. edwinlculp at gmail.com
Sat Mar 30 21:10:15 UTC 2013

On Sat, Mar 30, 2013 at 3:47 PM, Lowell Gilbert <
freebsd-stable-local at be-well.ilk.org> wrote:

> "Edwin L. Culp W." <edwinlculp at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > On Sat, Mar 30, 2013 at 3:23 PM, Lowell Gilbert <
> > freebsd-stable-local at be-well.ilk.org> wrote:
> >> It's possible you're building with the wrong set of headers, but every
> >> case I can think of would have given you an error earlier than this.
> >> Do you get any output from:
> >>  # cd /usr/src/usr.bin/xinstall/ && svn status xinstall.c
> >> by any chance?
> >>
> >> What command did you use for your initial source checkout from
> SubVersion?
> >>

> > I did it twice.
> >
> > # cd /usr/src/usr.bin/xinstall/ && svn status xinstall.c
> > M       xinstall.c
> > # cd /usr/src/usr.bin/xinstall/ && svn status xinstall.c
> > M       xinstall.c
> >
> > Hopefully you will find something there.
>
> Yup, that's clearly wrong. For the moment I'll assume you did the
> initial checkout correctly. Or at least in some wrong way that doesn't
> require you to remove the whole tree and check it out again (which
> definitely is what you should have done the first time, by the way).

If the below instructions don't solve it, I'll remover the tree.  It is the
same tree that I was updating with cvsup daily for years.  It could be
causing the problem.

> I'm guessing the revert part is what you really need, but go to the
> /usr/src directory and try:
>  # svn cleanup
> or
>  # svn revert -R *
>
> and if you're still lost,
>  # svn status .
> will tell you what is in your tree that is different from a pristine one.

Thanks a lot,

This will keep me busy and should solve the problem, if not erase and
restart ;)  I'm sure that will do it.

Enjoy what is left of Easter if you live where it is celebrated.

ed