troubles with buildworld/sendmail/sasl/clang

Hajimu UMEMOTO ume at FreeBSD.org
Mon Mar 18 18:55:31 UTC 2013

Hi,

dim> On Mar 18, 2013, at 12:03, Beat Siegenthaler <beat.siegenthaler at beatsnet.com> wrote:
> since some days i try to "make buildworld", but have some errors in
> sendmail.
> The make conf is not changed since years (in this case) . Adding
> NO_WERROR= in src.conf helps, but i think it is not the optimal solution?
>
> # SASL (cyrus-sasl v2) sendmail build flags...
> SENDMAIL_CFLAGS+=-I/usr/local/include -DSASL=2
> SENDMAIL_LDFLAGS+=-L/usr/local/lib
> SENDMAIL_LDADD+=-lsasl2
> SENDMAIL_CFLAGS+= -D_FFR_SMTP_SSL
dim> ...
> /usr/src/usr.sbin/sendmail/../../contrib/sendmail/src/usersmtp.c:1864:8:
> error: incompatible pointer types passing 'void ()' to parameter of type
> 'void (*)(char *, bool, MAILER *, struct mailer_con_info *, ENVELOPE *)'
> [-Werror,-Wincompatible-pointer-types]
>                                   getsasldata, NULL, XS_AUTH);
>                                   ^~~~~~~~~~~

dim> We used to build sendmail with NO_WERROR.clang= to disable -Werror
dim> specifically for clang, because there were some warnings that could not
dim> be suppressed otherwise.  But since r246880 we reverted that workaround,
dim> so this may be why you are now seeing these -Werror messages.

dim> In any case, if you are pulling port headers into your buildworld, the
dim> effect is not always predictable, as ports are largely independent from
dim> base.  So if you need a customized build of sendmail, would it not be
dim> better to use the mail/sendmail port instead?  There you can easily
dim> enable all bells and whistles that are not enabled by default in base.

No, it seems to me that this error is not depending on sasl header.  I
suspect clang still has some problem in handling __P.

Sincerely,

--
Hajimu UMEMOTO
ume at mahoroba.org  ume@{,jp.}FreeBSD.org