Strange reboot since 9.1

Marius Strobl marius at alchemy.franken.de
Mon Mar 11 07:44:46 UTC 2013

On Sun, Mar 10, 2013 at 08:19:04PM +0100, Loïc BLOT wrote:
> Hi Marius,
> sorry but you patch doesn't have effect, another crash with same
> backtrace.

Okay, thanks. Unfortunately, I'm running out of ideas for now. It
seems that the problem isn't caused by a logic error within the
driver then but rather some incorrect handling of the hardware.
The public ally available documentation for these chips is heavily
sanitized and totally unusable for writing drivers though.
The only remaining thing to test I can think of is whether this
issue is related to the header splitting, which is enabled by
default. To disable, set the loader tunable hw.bce.hdr_split to 0
or to be really sure, change the bce_hdr_split default to FALSE
in the driver and recompile it.

Marius