ZFS "stalls" -- and maybe we should be talking about defaults?

Karl Denninger karl at denninger.net
Thu Mar 7 19:30:58 UTC 2013

On 3/7/2013 1:27 PM, Steven Hartland wrote:

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Karl Denninger" <karl at denninger.net>

That can be turned off in the Postgres configuration.  For obvious
reasons it's a very bad idea but it is able to be disabled without
actually changing the code itself.

I don't know if it shuts off ALL sync requests, but the documentation
says it does.

It's interesting that you ran into this with RRD going; the machine in
question does pull RRD data for Cacti, but it's such a small piece of
the total load profile that I considered it immaterial.

It might not be.

--
-- Karl Denninger
/The Market Ticker ®/ <http://market-ticker.org>