Sanity Check on Mac Mini
bc979 at lafn.org
Thu Mar 7 06:59:26 UTC 2013
I have a new Mac Mini and have encountered the same problem reported last year by Richard Kuhns. YongHyeon PYUN provided some patches to the kernel that resolved the problem. However, without an internet connection its a bit tricky to get them into the system. Here is the approach I believe will work, but wanted to check first before I really mess things up.
1. Downloaded from current today via svnweb.freebsd.org:
I believe the patches are incorporated in today's versions. The comments indicate such. Thus I don't need to apply the original supplied patch.
2. Put those on a flash drive.
3. Install 9.1 release from flash drive onto the Mini disk. Have to include the system source.
4. Copy the files from 1 above from flash over the files on the disk.
5. Rebuild the kernel and install it.
More information about the freebsd-stable